e. (noun) en-gi-neer. ˌ/enjəˈnir/
a person who applies knowledge to invent, innovate, design, builds and improve – jack of all trades
Do you dream in code?
Do you like to come up with novel solutions to problems and implement them the next day?
Do you believe in the glass half full instead of half empty?
Do you want to revolutionize the landscape of our future?
The commercial use of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) is an exciting new market with many possible applications from agriculture to package delivery, and disaster relief to infrastructure security. Gryphon Sensors is on the forefront of this emerging industry, helping to safely integrate UAS into the national airspace system (NAS) for public and commercial use in both domestic and international markets.
Gryphon Sensors is creating the state-of-the-art solutions that will be used to safely manage this increasingly complex airspace. We’re looking for a motivated systems engineer to get in on the ground floor of our fast-paced startup to help us propel this newly emerging market forward!
- Research and develop sensors and algorithms for tracking low altitude airborne targets including small UAS
- Fast-paced requirements derivation to create deployable solutions
- Develop software tools in python and Matlab; simulations, data parsers, visualization
- Integration and test at all phases of development
- Document and clearly communicate designs to others
- Travel as required to test solutions in the field at customer sites
- Bachelor’s degree in systems, electrical, computer, or similar engineering
- Three or more years work experience
- Background and coursework in coding, signal processing, algorithm development, and mathematics
- Working knowledge of python or similar language; Matlab assumed
- Able to work and communicate effectively with others as well as work independently
- Masters or dual degree
- Hands-on electronics design experience
- Software development background
- Experience with radar and/or wireless communications technologies
- Experience with RF link budgets and path loss modeling
- Experience with UNIX/Linux based operating systems
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected will be subject to a background verification and drug screen.