e. (noun) en-gi-neer. ˌ/enjəˈnir/
a person who applies knowledge to invent, innovate, design, builds and improve – jack of all trades
Do you dream in code?
Do you like to come up with novel solutions to problems and implement them the next day?
Do you believe in the glass half full instead of half empty?
Do you want to revolutionize the landscape of our future?
The drone market is a new, rapidly growing powerhouse of activity with many beneficial applications already underway including product deliveries, mapping, filming movies, disaster relief, weather monitoring, surveillance, and entertainment – with new applications being dreamed up every day. In the U.S. alone it is expected to become an $82.1 billion industry by 2025. Gryphon Sensor’s mission is to enable this enormous potential by facilitating the safe integration of these unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) into the national and international airspace.
As an SRC company, Gryphon Sensors, LLC is leveraging over fifty years of proven sensor system expertise to create the state-of-the-art solutions that will be used to safely manage this increasingly complex airspace. We need motivated software engineers to get in on the ground floor of our fast-paced startup to help us propel this newly emerging market forward!
- Design and implement embedded software for remote sensing technologies
- Test and validate designs to ensure proper and bug-free operation
- Maintain and improve existing software
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Analyze and model system designs and performance
- Automate and improve workflows when possible
- Document and clearly communicate designs to others (including engineers from other functional areas)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering or electrical engineering
- One to three years of software engineering experience
- Background and coursework in operating systems, networks, and database design
- Software development experience with C++ and Python
- Working knowledge of Linux-based operating systems
- Able to work and communicate effectively with others as well as work independently
Preferred Experience or Coursework
- Web application development
- MATLAB, Java, VHDL, Perl, SQL
- Digital signal processing
- Digital design using FPGAs
- Radar and/or wireless communications technologies
Security Clearance Requirements
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information