e. (noun) en-gi-neer. ˌ/enjəˈnir/
a person who applies knowledge to invent, innovate, design, builds and improve – jack of all trades
Do you dream in code?
Do you like to come up with novel solutions to problems and implement them the next day?
Do you believe in the glass half full instead of half empty?
Do you want to revolutionize the landscape of our future?
The commercial use of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) is an exciting new market with many possible applications from agriculture to package delivery, and disaster relief to infrastructure security. Gryphon Sensors is on the forefront of this emerging industry, helping to safely integrate UAS into the national airspace system (NAS) for public and commercial use in both domestic and international markets. Gryphon Sensors is creating the state-of-the-art solutions that will be used to safely manage this increasingly complex airspace. We’re looking for a motivated software engineer to get in on the ground floor of our fast-paced startup to help us propel this newly emerging market forward!
- Design and implement embedded software for remote sensing technologies
- Test and validate designs to ensure proper and bug-free operation
- Maintain and improve existing software
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Analyze and model system designs and performance
- Automate and improve workflows when possible
- Document and clearly communicate designs to others (including engineers from other functional areas)
- Some travel may be required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering or electrical engineering
- Three or more years of work experience
- Background and coursework in operating systems, networks and database design
- Professional software development experience with C++ and Python
- Working knowledge of Linux-based operating systems
- Able to work and communicate effectively with others as well as work independently
- Web application development
- MATLAB, Java, VHDL, SQL
- Digital signal processing
- Digital design using FPGAs
- Radar and/or wireless communications technologies
Security Clearance Requirements
Must be a U.S. citizen, green card holder or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). Applicants selected will be subject to a background verification and drug screen.