The commercial use of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) is an exciting new market with many possible applications from agriculture to package delivery, and disaster relief to infrastructure security. Gryphon Sensors is on the forefront of this emerging industry, helping to safely integrate UAS into the national airspace system (NAS) for public and commercial use in both domestic and international markets.
We are seeking a lead architect to get in on the ground floor of our fast paced commercial startup and work on cutting edge programs and development projects to facilitate the integration of small UAS into the NAS Beyond Visual Line of Sight.
- Provide technical leadership across multiple projects to help solve complex problems
- Report to the president and work closely with the system architect and program management team.
- Partner with the lead system engineer to develop the architecture for a complex, cloud-based, air traffic management system
- Devise strategies to handle data collection and analysis from geographically distributed sensors
- Analyze and devise strategies to mitigate risks
- Create a vision for future product roadmaps
- Provide technical leadership, guidance, team building and mentorship for 10-20 engineers
- Work with a diverse group of key stakeholders from government and industry to reach consensus on a solution set
- Perform analysis and trade studies as necessary
- Manage cost and schedule for development teams
- Create technical proposals and white papers
- Prepare and present technical briefings to customers and senior management
- Represent the company at high level meetings and functions with various government agencies and industries leaders
- Provide timely and accurate communications to senior management, team members and other stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, such as engineering, mathematics or computer science; masters degree preferred
- 15+ years software leadership experience successfully managing and delivering programs for government customers, preferably in the development and production of sensor or communication systems
- Excellent knowledge and proven past performance on complex cloud-based architectures
- Experience leading engineering teams and software development projects
- Effective communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with the FAA, DoD, or NASA is a desired
- Some travel required
- Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected will be subject to a background verification and drug screen.