The unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) market is a new, rapidly growing powerhouse of activity with many beneficial applications already underway including product deliveries, mapping, filming movies, disaster relief, weather monitoring, surveillance, and entertainment – with new applications being dreamed up every day. In the U.S. alone it is expected to become an $82.1 billion industry by 2025. Gryphon Sensor’s mission is to enable this enormous potential by facilitating the safe integration of these UAS into the national and international airspace.
Gryphon Sensors is creating the state-of-the-art solutions that will be used to safely manage this increasingly complex airspace. We need a motivated and experienced digital engineer to get in on the ground floor of our fast-paced startup to help us propel this newly emerging market forward!
- Research and develop sensors and algorithms for tracking low altitude airborne targets including small UAS
- Work closely with engineers and technicians from multiple disciplines to architect, develop, integrate and test VHDL designs for prototype and production systems
- Perform VHDL firmware design, development, integration and test on field-programmable gate array (FPGA)-based platforms
- Integration and test at all phases of development
- Document and clearly communicate designs to others
- Travel as required to test solutions in the field at customer sites
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or similar area with three or more years of experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with people across a variety of functional disciplines
- Experience designing, simulating and implementing VHDL control and processing architectures
- Knowledge of FPGA development tools and tool flows
- Master’s degree or dual degree preferred
- Knowledge of digital signal processing (DSP)
- Hands-on lab test and debug experience
- Digital electronics design experience
- Software development background (C/C++/Matlab/Python)
- Experience with radar and/or wireless communications technologies
- Experience with UNIX/Linux-based operating systems
Security Clearance Requirements
Must be a U.S. citizen, green card holder, or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). Applicants selected will be subject to a background verification and drug screen.