The unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) market is a new, rapidly growing powerhouse of activity with many beneficial applications already underway including product deliveries, mapping, filming movies, disaster relief, weather monitoring, surveillance, and entertainment – with new applications being dreamed up every day. In the U.S. alone it is expected to become an $82.1 billion industry by 2025. Gryphon Sensor’s mission is to enable this enormous potential by facilitating the safe integration of these UAS into the national and international airspace.
Gryphon Sensors is creating the state-of-the-art solutions that will be used to safely manage this increasingly complex airspace. We are currently seeking a motivated new graduate or entry level digital engineer to get in on the ground floor of our fast-paced startup to help us propel this newly emerging market forward!
- Research and develop sensors and algorithms for tracking low altitude airborne targets including small UAS
- Work closely with engineers and technicians from multiple disciplines to architect, develop, integrate and test VHDL designs for prototype and production systems
- Perform VHDL firmware design, development, integration and test on field-programmable gate array (FPGA)-based platforms
- Integration and test at all phases of development
- Document and clearly communicate designs to others
- Travel as required to test solutions in the field at customer sites
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or similar area with a graduation date of May 2017 or December 2017
- Minimum grade point average of 3.3
- Internship or work experience
- Background and coursework in coding, signal processing, electronics and mathematics
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with people across a variety of functional disciplines
- Master’s or dual degree
- Experience designing, simulating and implementing VHDL control and processing architectures
- Knowledge of FPGA development tools and tool flows
- Knowledge of digital signal processing (DSP)
- Hands-on lab test and debug experience
- Digital electronics design experience
- Software development background (C/C++/Matlab/Python)
- Experience with UNIX/Linux-based operating systems
Security Clearance Requirements
Must be a U.S. citizen, green card holder, or protected individual as defined by 8 U. S. C. 1324(a)(3). Applicants selected will be subject to a background verification and drug screen.