e. (noun) en-gi-neer. ˌ/enjəˈnir/
a person who applies knowledge to invent, innovate, design, builds and improve – jack of all trades
Do you dream in code?
Do you like to come up with novel solutions to problems and implement them the next day?
Do you believe in the glass half full instead of half empty?
Do you want to revolutionize the landscape of our future?
The unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) market is a new, rapidly growing powerhouse of activity with many beneficial applications already underway including product deliveries, mapping, filming movies, disaster relief, weather monitoring, surveillance, and entertainment – with new applications being dreamed up every day. In the U.S. alone it is expected to become an $82.1 billion industry by 2025. Gryphon Sensor’s mission is to enable this enormous potential by facilitating the safe integration of these UAS into the national and international airspace.
Gryphon Sensors is creating the state-of-the-art solutions that will be used to safely manage this increasingly complex airspace. We need a motivated applications engineer to join our fast-paced startup and help us propel this newly emerging market forward!
- Assist in oversight and management of program activities along with articulating technology and product offerings to both business and technical users
- Listen to, understand, and convey requirements derived from customers and other vendor specifications; draft and review system specifications and other design-related documentation; participate in hardware and software design reviews and technical meetings
- Investigate the application of commercial technology to meet customer requirements including architecture, requirements definition, interfacing with subcontractors, and working with a variety of engineering disciplines
- Support marketing activities including proposal development, scheduling, cost estimating, new business briefings, and product demonstrations
- Respond to functional and technical elements of requests for information (RFIs)/requests for proposal (RFPs)
- Collaborate with teams across a diverse set of functional and technical disciplines including radio frequency (RF), networking, electrical engineering, computer programming, program management, and business development
- Travel to project sites to perform program kick-offs, site surveys, system installations, site integration, training services, acceptance testing of new system deployments, and product maintenance
- Participate in development and demonstration of new technology including defining technology roadmaps and defining technical elements of strategy, product demonstration development, scheduling, and execution
- Bachelor’s of science degree in computer science, computer engineering, or electrical engineering
- Three to five (3-5) years of experience in one or more of the following disciplines: applications engineering, field engineering, radar and communications systems, or customer demonstrations and acceptance testing
- Highly motivated and able to manage a diverse set of parallel tasks while clearly communicating and collaborating with a functionally diverse set of stakeholders including customers, business development, program management, and engineering
- Must have excellent verbal, written and presentation skills that can be tailored to a variety of audiences
- Approximately 50 percent travel required
- Master’s degree
- Experience with the military
- Experience with radar and/or wireless communications technologies
- UNIX/Linux based operating systems
- C/C++, Matlab, Python and other software development skills
Security Clearance Requirements
Must be a U.S. citizen, green card holder or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). Applicants selected will be subject to a background verification and drug screen.